Saturday, September 17, 2011

Don't STOP at the START.

Over 10 years ago, God gave me a revelation that changed my Life. And that was just a piece of the puzzle. In 2001, God gave me the full picture to the revelation. Not long after that, I knew in my heart that I was to write a book about it. I was torn between - Should I get a Publisher or Should I Self-Publish. After much prayer, thought, and wise counsel, the answer was - Self-Publish.

If I was to write only one book, then I might would go for the Publisher. But as of now, I have almost 40 book ideas. So it's best that I self-publish and start a publishing company. And our first book would be called "LIFE IN RIGHTEOUSNESS: The Word is Your Life"So that's what I did.

Wait, that's not exactly correct. That's not what I 'did', that's what I 'said'. I talked about it, but I wasn't taking any action. I procrastinated for years. Yes, I continued to talk about it, it was still in my head, but I wasn't moving. The reason that I procrastinated is because I was scared. I was afraid. I constantly had thoughts of, "I've never published a book before...I don't know anything about writing a book...What if the book flop?...What if no one buys it?...What if I make a fool of myself?...etc." Therefore, I never got started. I STOPPED at the START. Have you ever stopped at the start? This is when you never start because of a fear of failure; a fear of rejection; a fear of making mistakes; a fear of looking foolish.

It was 2008 and I was still procrastinating. My mentor approached me and said, "God told me to tell you, 'IT'S TIME.' I don't know what He means, but I'm just telling you what He said..." My mentor didn't know, but I knew what God was referring to. However, I still procrastinated. Not long after that statement, some changes began to take place on my job. I was faced with the decision of quitting (even though I didn't have another job lined up) or take a tremendous pay cut and a demotion. After much prayer, God told me to leave. I personally didn't want to leave until I found another job first. But God said leave, so I left. People literally called me crazy. "What are you going to do?", was the most common question.

To make a long story short, I left. Now I had all of this free time. I said to myself, "Either go for it or don't go at all!" So I stepped out in faith and got started. And God, with all of His goodness, provided for me. And He continues to provide for me as I step out on my vision. God has PROVISION for the VISION.

"If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them." John 13:17

So take part in my vision by following me on this journey to produce a BEST-SELLING nonfiction Christian Book.

In His Righteousness,

Billie Miller
www.TheWordisYourLife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment