Saturday, September 17, 2011

Why Not Sell a Million Copies?

My new book is titled “Life in Righteousness”. I wrote the book to change the lives of everyone who comes in contact with it. I have a goal to sell at least a million copies. A lady asked me once, “Why do you want to sell a million copies?” My response to her was “Why not?” If I was writing for social entertainment, then I wouldn’t need any more than 500 copies or so. But I’m not writing a book for social gatherings or to boost up my resume. I’m writing to change and improve lives. Life in Righteousness is a form of writing that will inject motivation straight to your soul. It’s like taking a dose of inspiration and encouragement. However, I could tell by this lady's body language and expression that my goal bothered her. She perceived my goal as having wrong motives. She felt that I had selfish reasons or desires. So because she didn’t understand the purpose of my goal, it offended her.

I have every right to want to sell over a million copies of my book Life in Righteousness. I own a publishing company called ‘Yarah Publishing’. What company do you know that’s in the business of selling, which does NOT want to sell their product? If you don’t sell your product, then you’re out of business. That alone would be a good enough reason to want to sell a million copies. But that’s not even the reason that I want to sell that many books.

Here’s the real reason why. Imagine if you had the cure for an incurable disease. Let’s say for example – cancer. How many people would you want to be healed from it? 10 people? 100 people? 1,000 people? You wouldn’t want to keep it for yourself. You would want everyone who had cancer to have access to this cure, whether it was a million people or a billion. “Yeah Billie, but if I had the cure for cancer, I would give it away for free…” That’s sounds deep, but not if it cost you to make it. You would have to use the money from sales to create even more of the medicine. That’s how most businesses operate.

Likewise, that’s how much I value the knowledge that’s inside my new book, Life in Righteousness. It’s the cure for living the common Christian life. It’s the cure for having church as usual. It’s the remedy for living a defeated Christian life. No more! I have the cure and I’m going to broadcast it to the world. I believe this book will take Christians to a higher level. Even if they’re already on top, it will take them even higher. Why am I so sure about this? Life in Righteousness is not a ‘good’ idea, but it’s a ‘God’ idea.

Writing His Answers,

Billie Miller
www.TheWordisYourLife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment